If the Village of Mariemont had a reliable budget surplus of $500,000 per year, what suggestions might you have to improve the community with this money? Here are some ideas received from Village residents.
- Hire a Village Administrator?
- Increase the salary of the Council and Mayor?
- Put up more stop signs
- Contract with a professional tree management consultant?
- Development the South 80 into a recreational playground?
- Consider definitive proposals to solve Mariemont’s chronic parking problem?
- Greater support for the social organizations within the community?
- Consider a community center and renovation of the Municipal Building?
- Move the tennis courts to permit business development?
- Institute a plan to rejuvenate the historic district?
- Retain backyard collection of recyclables?
- Spruce up Dogwood Park with fountains, bleachers, parking lot?
- Further economic development around the Square?
- Cut taxes
What would you like to see happen?