July 31st, 2014 marked the 100th Anniversary for St. Theresa-A Diversicare Transistional Care Community. St. Theresa is a five star rated senior living community that offers all levels of care to the aging population throughout greater Cincinnati. St. Theresa Nursing Home was established by Mary Shanahan in July of 1914 at its original location in Silverton, Ohio. By 1991, the occupants outgrew the Silverton site and, therefore, relocated to its current location in the old Our Lady of Mercy Hospital in Mariemont, Ohio.
St. Theresa held a centennial celebration on August 1st, 2014 to commemorate this historic event with a resident cook out and reading of a proclamation by Mayor Daniel J. Policastro of the Village of Mariemont. Father Tom Axe, the resident priest, blessed the building and its residents for hopes of remaining a strong staple in the community as it has for so many years. The celebration continued with the honoring of both a resident and staff member who have been with St. Theresa at both locations. Doris Jewell has been a resident at St. Theresa since 1991 and Margo Moore has been a devoted STNA for 27 years having started working for the building in 1987.