Common Pathways in the Brain’s Environment
- Emotive core: gratitude and enmity , nostalgia and empathy, compassion and cruelty, joy and anger, humor and irony, regret and jealousy,
- Environmental Circumstances: advantage and disadvantage, addictions and lifestyle choices, positive and negative influencers
- Basic survival needs: food, water, shelter, safety, stimulation and affection
- Aspirational: ambition and achievement, work, marriage and children, sacrifice and narcissism, providence and determination, stable and unstable
- Intrinsic Limitations: Genetics and epigenetics; predispositions and natural abilities, sexual identity, curiosity, intelligence and health.
The five blends together to punctuate the journey and offer the possibility of achieving self-actualization